Saffron Phirni Recipe is creamy milk based dessert popular in North Indian cuisine. The method of preparation of Saffron Phirni is though easy it is believed that the more slowly it cooks the more delicious it taste. And this makes the dish burst of flavors & aroma. Phirni recipe can be prepared with various common and powerful ingredients. The dish can easily be prepared in advance and served as and when required.
- Being a milk-based dish, Phirni is quite Nutritious & healthful. Use of Rice & Nuts adds to the nutritional value of the dish. As they are full of vitamins, proteins, and minerals. The only thing that we can do is to use the sugar to balance ratio. It is a dessert with high sugar content, hence not recommended for obese and diabetic patients.
Saffron Phirni Recipe
Soaking time: 60 minutes
Preparation Time: 30-40 mins
Cooking Time: 1-2 hrs
Makes 6 servings
How to cook Saffron Phirni Recipe:
- Combine the rice along with enough water in a bowl and soak for 1 hour.
- Drain all the excess water and hang in the muslin cloth in the sun until it is dry.
- Then blend it in a mixer to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a broad bottom non-stick pan, add Add the rice paste dissolved in a little water or cold milk, mix gently & stir it continuously( to avoid lumps)
- Cook on a slow flame till rice is completely cooked while stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan. *tip- The more slowly it cooks, the more it becomes delicious*
- Add saffron dissolved in small amount of cold milk and mix gently
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and cook until sugar is completely dissolved while stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add the Khoya(mawa) &Pistachios & Almonds & mix well, simmer it for 5 to 7 minutes
- Pour into earthenware or china bowls and garnish with pistachios.
- Keep aside to cool slightly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour & Serve chilled.
- Do try the Saffron Phirni Recipe by this method & love to read your reviews 🙂