Kebab’s one of the Famous delicacies of Mughlai Cuisines , the perfect dish to serves as starter . Whether it’s dinner or friend’s hangout Kebab’s never failed to give yummy treat to your tongue.
What is kebab ?
It’s the food dish traditionally made from mutton meat . The word kebab means ‘to roast’. The term can also be referred to as a meat patty mixed with spices. In Asian countries, kebabs are served mostly with rice and salad, however it is now served in different forms with bread as well.
Varieties of Kebab ?
The most famous kebabs include Seekh, Shami, Reshmi, Chapli, Bihari, Tikka, Chicken, Fish, Dhags, Doner, Pasanday, Peshawari, Qeema, Kundan ,Galawati and many more.
When it comes to Asian cuisine, freshly cooked and grilled kebabs commonly top the favourite list. With so many different styles, types, varieties and shapes, kebabs are the most versatile dish .
Kundan kebab is a kind of meat patty. The meat can be of mutton beef or chicken together with loads of ingredients & stuffed with special & creamy stuffing of nuts & eggs etc.
I am making here the Kundan Kebab recipe which are traditionally serves in my family from generations. You can alter & innovate with the dressing by substituting it with cheese filling & so on. This recipe of mine is easy to learn & cook . Give it a try , you won’t be disappointed thanks !!
Kundan Kebab Recipe
For Kebab Mince Mixture:
- 1 kg Mutton / Beef mince
- 100gm Chana Daal
- 2 Onion roughly chopped
- 1 Finely chopped onions
- 1tsp Ginger paste
- 1tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 4 Finely chopped green chilies
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 4 Cloves
- 6 Black pepper whole
- 4 Small cardamom
- 2 Black cardamom
- ½ tsp Mace
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- Oil (as required for shallow frying )
- Salt (to taste)
For Kebab Filling Mixture :
- 2 brown Onion ( Finely chopped & fry till golden brown in oil)
- 4 Eggs boiled ( Finely chopped )
- 2 tbsp Roasted coconut
- 2tbsp of Dry fruits/nuts ( Raisins , cashew , almonds )
For Kebab Mince Mixture:
- Take a pan or pressure cooker add Mutton / Beef mince ,Chana Daal , Onion roughly chopped , Ginger paste, Garlic paste, Red chili powder, Cinnamon sticks ,Cloves ,Black pepper , Small cardamom , Black cardamom , Mace , Nutmeg , Cumin seeds ,salt and 1tbsp of water . Cook this mixture for 45 minutes to all water is soaked & mince is fully cooked.
- Cool this mixture & Grind it into fine paste.
- Now add Finely chopped onions & Finely chopped Green chilies to this & mix well. Keep this aside.
For kebab filling Mixture : Mix together Brown Onion , Eggs, coconut & Dry fruits/nuts all together & use it for filling.
For Making kebab :
- Make small balls from Kebab Mince Mixture.
- Make a hole in the balls & fill up the Kebab filling Mixture according to requirement .After filling sealed up these balls.
- Heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry these kebabs.
- Kundan kebabs are now ready, place them on a bed of lettuce and serve with onions, chutney and naan.
Smart tip : If your are not able to make kebabs stuff balls or they are breaking off than simply coat them with eggs .they will be in shape.