Excessive use of plastic put us at the edge of plastic calamity. The continuous use becomes threating to our health, environment, and wildlife. On this world environmental day, the theme is beat the plastic pollution. Plastics are harmful to our health by regular use that makes way into our bodies in the form of toxic chemicals etc.
Some facts about plastic usage that you should not miss before it’s too late
- 500billions plastic bags usage every year
- 10 million plastic bottles purchase per minute
- 50% of the total plastic is used only once.
- 13 million tonnes of plastic garbage raches our ocean and are a threat to marine life.
- About 25,000 tonnes of plastic waste is generated every year in India.
Let me ask a quick question over here. How many of use plastic in your day to day life? I’ve done a research with my readers and 60 voted yes they use plastic and 10 voted No. The results are obvious that we can’t easily detach plastics from our day to day life. Now the question is how can we contribute to beat plastic pollution?
BEAT PLASTIC POLLUTION
This year’s theme of World Environment Day is “Beat Plastic Pollution”. China has reduced pollution in Beijing by 30 percent. Many of Indian cities are declared plastic free like Hyderabad. If they can do it we can also contribute towards the safer environment by performing small acts in our day to day life.
- Using Jute bag instead of plastic carry bags.
- Reduce use of plastic cutlery.
- Refuse taking products from shopkeepers in plastic bags.
- Encourage your colony people to reduce the use of plastic.
- Skipping buying Mineral water instead carry water from home.
These are some of my ideas “Beat Plastic Pollution” this World Environment Day. Do you have more? Don’t forget to share in the comment below.
Link up your post on the #SuperBloggerAcademy Linky party and get a chance to be featured.
- Submit one post.
- Comment on all posts.
- Mention the Line
- I am participating in the #SuperBloggerAcademy Linky party byHealthwealthbridge Dr.Amrita and allaboutthewoman.com Dr.Bushra
- By participating in this linky you give Healthwealthridge/Allaboutthewoman/ Supersocialbiz permission to email you when we have helpful information and to give updates about linkups.
- Subscribe to Healthwealthbridge/Allaboutthewoman/Supersocialbiz to continue receiving the newsletter full of actionable tips to make Blogging in India easier.
- Share your own post on Twitter with #SuperBloggerAcademy and add your post to the SuperBloggerAcademy Group board.
- Share your friend’s post on the above two platforms.
- Like and RT the posts in the #SuperBloggerAcademy stream as much as possible.
The purpose of the rules is to make us all accountable for our own blogging goals. Life is somewhat a give and take. Try your best and let the Universe take care of the rest.